Curry lifts Warriors over BlazersJan 26, 2012 - 7:58 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Stephen Curry hit six of Golden State's 11 three-pointers and finished with 32 points and seven assists, as the Warriors took down the Portland Trail Blazers, 101-93.
David Lee posted 26 points and Brandon Rush added 14 off the bench to help the Warriors snap a three-game losing streak.
Monta Ellis scored just four points, 19 below his season average, but dished out 12 assists in the victory.
"Monta did a great job of getting in the seams understanding he didn't have it offensively, meaning scoring, and the great players figure out how to impact a game even though they are not able to do what they do best," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said.
The Blazers were trying to win for the third time in as many days, but shot just 36 percent from the floor in the second half. LaMarcus Aldridge scored 18 points, Jamal Crawford and Nicolas Batum each netted 16 and Wesley Matthews had 15 in the loss.
Portland was on top at halftime, 53-48, but Curry went off for 16 points in the third, including six on a quarter-ending 10-3 run that gave the hosts a 79-73 advantage.
The closest the Blazers got was three in the fourth, but they made just two field goals over the last five-plus minutes.
Holding a tenuous 91-88 lead coming down the stretch, Ellis made a turnaround jumper and Curry drained a 15-footer from the right elbow for some breathing room that was more than enough to win going away.
The Blazers led by as many as 10, 22-12, in the first frame, but the Warriors drained three three-pointers during a 12-1 run that gave them the lead.
Batum's three-point play in the final minute gave Portland a 26-24 heading to the second, which featured seven ties and three lead changes.
Portland has dropped 12 of its past 13 visits to Oracle Arena...Ellis shot 2- of-9 from the floor...Portland won the battle on the glass, 43-30...The Warriors had 33 assists on 41 made field goals.
- PORTLAND: 93
GOLDEN STATE: 101
Jan 26 12:52 AM
- PORTLAND: 73
GOLDEN STATE: 79
End of 3rd
Jan 26 12:12 AM
- PORTLAND: 53
GOLDEN STATE: 48
Jan 25 11:34 PM
- PORTLAND: 26
GOLDEN STATE: 24
End of 1st
Jan 25 11:07 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 25 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19