Aldridge shines as Trail Blazers dominate SunsJan 28, 2012 - 6:46 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - LaMarcus Aldridge scored 23 points, and Portland dominated the middle two quarters in a 109-71 rout of the Phoenix Suns.
Gerald Wallace tallied 17 points, Wesley Matthews 16 and Nicolas Batum 14 for the Trail Blazers, who have won three of their last four games. They've won six in a row at home over the Suns and moved to 9-1 overall at home this season.
Marcus Camby pulled down 20 rebounds for the Blazers, who held a 57-21 scoring advantage spanning the second and third quarters.
Portland exacted some revenge from a 102-77 loss at Phoenix on Jan. 6.
"They embarrassed us in their hometown," Wallace said. "We were coming off an emotional win on a back-to-back, and they handed it to us."
Grant Hill scored 12 for Phoenix, which shot 37 percent from the field. Sebastian Telfair added 10 points in Phoenix's third consecutive defeat.
Aldridge had 11 points during a 26-9 scoring binge for the Blazers in the period. Phoenix went 4-of-19 from the field in the stanza and struggled by not making a field goal over the final 5:33 of the half.
Batum's three-ball opened the second, tying the game at 24. Matthews connected with Aldridge for an alley-oop jam with 7:22 left, widening Portland's lead to 38-28 and finishing a 10-2 burst.
After Hill's jumper closed the margin to 42-32, the Suns went ice cold over the final 5 1/2 minutes.
Ahead 47-33 at the half, the Blazers made it a rout in the third. They opened the period on a 29-8 spurt. Two free throws from Wallace had the difference at 76-41 inside three minutes left.
Portland led by as many as 42 in the fourth quarter.
"We can't score nine points and it's happened quite a bit now," Suns coach Alvin Gentry said of the horrid second quarter. "I've got to make some adjustments some kind of way where we can at least keep the game level when we're in it in the second quarter."
Phoenix is 6-1 this season when leading at the half and 0-11 when trailing...Portland has scored more than 100 points in nine of the last 10 games with the Suns...Jamal Crawford had 10 assists for Portland...Phoenix had 22 turnovers, leading to 24 Portland points.
- PHOENIX: 71
Jan 28 12:17 AM
- PHOENIX: 45
End of 3rd
Jan 27 11:47 PM
- PHOENIX: 33
Jan 27 11:06 PM
- PHOENIX: 24
End of 1st
Jan 27 10:38 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 27 10:12 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11