Hornets use balanced attack to down WarriorsMar 29, 2012 - 5:14 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Marco Belinelli was one of three Hornets to tally 20-plus points, finishing with 22 to lead the Hornets to a 102-87 victory over the Warriors at ORACLE Arena on Wednesday.
Carl Landry and Jarrett Jack poured in 20 points apiece for New Orleans, which had lost three of four coming into the game. Jack added nine assists and Landry pulled down eight rebounds.
David Lee led all scorers with 28 points to go with seven rebounds and five assists, while Klay Thompson netted 13 points and Dorell Wright tallied 12. Golden State has now dropped its last three contests.
Jack led all scorers with 12 points in the first quarter, lifting the Hornets to a 27-24 edge.
New Orleans opened the second on a 12-2 run as Jason Smith, fresh off his two- game suspension for his flagrant two on Blake Griffin, connected on a hook shot to give the Hornets a 39-26 lead less than four minutes into the frame.
Belinelli buried a three-pointer with under 10 seconds left in the half to press the margin to 57-40 heading into the locker room.
"We didn't respond and I thought it was huge," said Warriors head coach Mark Jackson about his team falling behind early. "We lost the game in the second quarter. When you allow them to have uncontested shots, it was very uncharacteristic of us and it wasn't who we are. It's disappointing."
New Orleans led by as many as 21 early in the frame, but Wright twice trimmed the lead to 11 with a three-pointer, the second coming with 2:20 left in the third.
However, the Hornets scored the final five of the stanza to take an 81-65 lead into the final frame.
Golden State pulled within 13 late in the fourth, but never truly threatened down the stretch as the Hornets held on for the road victory.
New Orleans will travel to Portland on Thursday, while the Warriors will host New Jersey on Friday...New Orleans finished with a season-low nine turnovers...Smith finished with 12 points and six rebounds for the Hornets.
- NEW ORLEANS: 102
GOLDEN STATE: 87
Mar 29 12:46 AM
- NEW ORLEANS: 81
GOLDEN STATE: 65
End of 3rd
Mar 29 12:17 AM
- NEW ORLEANS: 57
GOLDEN STATE: 40
Mar 28 11:38 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 27
GOLDEN STATE: 24
End of 1st
Mar 28 11:05 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 28 10:45 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19