Belinelli lifts Hornets over WarriorsApr 25, 2012 - 6:57 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Marco Belinelli's layup with 1.5 seconds remaining sent the Hornets past the Warriors, 83-81, on Tuesday.
Golden State was up 81-76 with two minutes to play, but didn't score again and a three-pointer from Belinelli and a layup from Greivis Vasquez preceded the Italian's game-winner.
Belinelli finished with a game-high 23 points and Carl Landry added 14 for the Hornets, who will close their season in Houston on Thursday.
Klay Thompson scored 16 to pace Golden State, which has lost nine of its last 10 games and will wrap up the season against San Antonio on Thursday.
"I know where Klay Thompson fits," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said of his team's potential rotations next season. "Other than that, it's based on improvements we make as a team, whether it be through the draft or free agency or any other avenue we take."
Golden State scored six straight points late in the fourth, getting two jumpers from Charles Jenkins and a dunk from Mickell Gladness to go up 79-72 with just under three minutes to go.
It was the largest lead of the quarter for the Warriors, but the Hornets closed the game with an 11-2 spurt to capture the win.
The game was consistently tight throughout. It was tied, 43-43, at the half and Golden State held a 64-61 lead entering the fourth after getting seven points from Thompson in the third.
New Orleans won the season-series, 2-1...The Warriors have already shut down guard Stephen Curry (sprained right ankle), center Andrew Bogut (broken left ankle) and forward David Lee (groin, hip) for the rest of the season.
- NEW ORLEANS: 83
GOLDEN STATE: 81
Apr 25 12:50 AM
- NEW ORLEANS: 61
GOLDEN STATE: 64
End of 3rd
Apr 25 12:16 AM
- NEW ORLEANS: 43
GOLDEN STATE: 43
Apr 24 11:40 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 21
GOLDEN STATE: 22
End of 1st
Apr 24 11:10 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 24 10:44 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19