Martin leads balanced attack as Rockets top SunsFeb 4, 2012 - 5:23 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Kevin Martin led seven Houston players in double-digit scoring with 16 points, as the Rockets used their balanced attack to beat the Phoenix Suns, 99-81.
Luis Scola had 14 points and eight rebounds for Houston, which halted a two- game slide. Chase Budinger, Patrick Patterson and Courtney Lee each contributed 12 points off the bench, while Chandler Parsons and Goran Dragic scored 10 points apiece.
"It feels great especially with our schedule coming up," Parsons said. "It was huge for us to come out and play the way we did, to really, really beat them the way we did. It was good. It was a confidence booster to come out here and stop the losing streak of two games."
Marcin Gortat recorded a double-double of 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Suns, who have dropped five of seven.
The Rockets led 30-20 after 12 minutes and the advantage ballooned to a game- high 23 at 57-34 on Scola's putback layup with just over two minutes remaining in the first half.
Houston carried a 59-39 lead into the break after Kyle Lowry drained a pair of free throws. The outcome was never in doubt as Phoenix trailed by at least 15 throughout the second half.
"We came out without any energy and we could never find our rhythm," Gortat said. "They came out strong and with a lot of energy. We were not ready to play either physically or mentally. We didn't have the best effort. I'm trying to do as much as possible and it is very frustrating."
Lowry dished out nine assists and pulled down eight boards...Jared Dudley matched Gortat with 15 points for the Suns...The Rockets improved to 10-3 at home this season...Houston has won two straight in the series on the heels of a seven-game losing streak.
- PHOENIX: 81
Feb 3 10:13 PM
- PHOENIX: 61
End of 3rd
Feb 3 9:43 PM
- PHOENIX: 39
Feb 3 9:02 PM
- PHOENIX: 20
End of 1st
Feb 3 8:32 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 3 8:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24