Nets snap 10-game losing skid to PacersMar 29, 2012 - 5:12 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - For the first time in over three years, the New Jersey Nets have beaten the Indiana Pacers.
Deron Williams scored 13 of his game-high 30 points in a dominant fourth quarter, leading New Jersey to a 100-84 win on Wednesday night.
MarShon Brooks supplied 17 points, Gerald Green posted 14 points and Kris Humphries had 12 points with eight rebounds for the Nets, who snapped a 10- game losing streak to the Pacers.
"Give credit to New Jersey for continuing to play hard and work to get victories when they are out of the playoff race," said Indiana head coach Frank Vogel.
New Jersey notched its first win over Indiana since December 23, 2008.
Paul George netted 22 points to pace Indiana, which was coming off Monday's 105-90 win against visiting Miami. Tyler Hansbrough contributed 13 points in defeat. Danny Granger was held to five points on 2-of-8 shooting.
"Granger missed some shots, but he (Gerald Wallace) denied him the basketball," said Nets head coach Avery Johnson.
Ahead 25-22, New Jersey opened the second quarter on a 6-0 run and went up nine on a bucket by Humphries. The Pacers tied the game on two occasions, but couldn't grab the lead and trailed 49-43 at halftime.
Indiana moved ahead in the third quarter, as a David West layup made it 60-57. New Jersey, though, opened the fourth quarter on an 8-0 run to take a 77-67 lead and the advantage ballooned to 97-76 on a pair of Wallace free throws with 3:14 remaining.
The Nets shot 52 percent over the final 12 minutes, while limiting the Pacers to 41 percent shooting.
New Jersey center Shelden Williams left the game in the second quarter after being poked in the right eye by Hansbrough. He did not return...Wallace finished with 10 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals...The Nets scored 26 points off 18 Indiana turnovers...West had 12 points and six boards.
- INDIANA: 84
NEW JERSEY: 100
Mar 28 9:41 PM
- INDIANA: 67
NEW JERSEY: 69
End of 3rd
Mar 28 9:11 PM
- INDIANA: 43
NEW JERSEY: 49
Mar 28 8:28 PM
- INDIANA: 22
NEW JERSEY: 25
End of 1st
Mar 28 8:03 PM
- INDIANA: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 28 7:42 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5