Westbrook, Thunder shake down NetsJan 22, 2012 - 5:35 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Russell Westbrook totaled 21 points and six assists as the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the New Jersey Nets, 84-74.
Kevin Durant posted 20 points and 15 rebounds while James Harden added 16 points and nine boards for the Thunder, who bounced back from a loss at Washington on Wednesday to win for the eighth time in the past nine games.
"We want to create turnovers and score and we did a good job of that tonight," said Oklahoma City head coach Scott Brooks.
MarShon Brooks and Deron Williams each scored 14 points for the Nets, who have lost seven of 10.
"That's a good team we played over there," said Williams. "They've only lost a couple of games this season. I thought we played pretty well, just a rough start that we couldn't get over."
Trailing by a point, the Thunder went ahead for good when Durant sparked a 17-2 run with a slam that he ended with another slam for a 28-14 lead in the first quarter.
The lead hovered around double digits through much of the second quarter before Oklahoma City used an 8-0 run to help them take a 48-35 lead into the halftime break.
Oklahoma City kept its lead in double digits for most of the third quarter and took a 63-51 lead into the final 12 minutes.
The Thunder led by as many as 16 points in the final quarter before the Nets made a final run late in the game that saw the team run out of time.
Oklahoma City hosts Detroit on Monday... New Jersey hosts Charlotte on Sunday...New Jersey shot just 31 percent in the game while Oklahoma City hit 41.6 percent of its shots...The Thunder have won six straight over the Nets.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 84
NEW JERSEY: 74
Jan 21 10:22 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 64
NEW JERSEY: 51
End of 3rd
Jan 21 9:52 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 48
NEW JERSEY: 35
Jan 21 9:06 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 28
NEW JERSEY: 18
End of 1st
Jan 21 8:35 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 21 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19