Jennings keeps Bucks clinging to postseason hopesApr 22, 2012 - 4:44 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Brandon Jennings scored 30 points and the Milwaukee Bucks remained in the playoff hunt with a 106-95 win over the New Jersey Nets on Saturday night.
The Bucks could have been eliminated from contention in the Eastern Conference with a loss after No. 8 seed Philadelphia beat Indiana in overtime Saturday. Instead, they remained three games behind the 76ers with three to play.
Ersan Ilyasova added 17 points and 17 rebounds and Drew Gooden scored 16 for the Bucks, who snapped a three-game losing streak with only their second win in the last seven.
One of their remaining three games is against the Sixers on Wednesday.
"I thought we were very active around the rim," Bucks head coach Scott Skiles said.
Gerald Wallace scored 18 points with 11 rebounds to lead New Jersey, MarShon Brooks added 17 points and Gerald Green scored 16 off the bench. The Nets have lost four in a row.
"The frustrating part for us is that we're in these games with playoff teams and we're not in the playoffs," Nets forward Jordan Williams said.
The teams combined to make 28 turnovers. Milwaukee scored 17 points off of 16 New Jersey giveaways.
"It was a sloppy game tonight," said Milwaukee's Shaun Livingston, who had 12 points off the bench, including eight in the fourth quarter. "We were just trying to make more plays than them down the stretch."
Which is what the Bucks did, pulling away with a 15-6 run to end the game.
Jennings hit a trio of three-pointers to lead the burst and Livingston ended it with back-to-back dunks.
The Bucks have now won 11 in a row in the series. They are at home against Toronto on Monday, home against the Sixers on Wednesday and will finish the regular season Thursday at Boston.
In the first quarter, the Nets shot nearly 58 percent but trailed 24-23 going into the second. Milwaukee shot better than 52 percent in the second quarter and built a 53-42 lead at halftime. The Bucks led 73-69 heading into the fourth.
New Jersey's last win in the series was March 3, 2009...New Jersey plays the Sixers on Monday at home then has its season finale at Toronto on Thursday.
- NEW JERSEY: 95
Apr 21 10:47 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 69
End of 3rd
Apr 21 10:17 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 42
Apr 21 9:34 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 23
End of 1st
Apr 21 9:03 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 21 8:42 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Apr 17
- Company of Russian owner of Brooklyn Nets searched in Moscow Apr 15
- Tough season and more tough times ahead for the Nets Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14