Celtics rout BobcatsMar 17, 2013 - 5:31 AM
Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley had 14 and 13 points, respectively, for the Celtics, who have won two straight and seven of their last nine. Brandon Bass and Jeff Green scored 10 points apiece on an identical 5-of-9 shooting in Boston's 11th straight home win.
"I thought second half we ran the ball a lot better, rebounded the ball a lot better, and it provided easy opportunities for us," said Pierce. "So when we play that way, to go along with defensive stops, were a tough team to beat."
Jannero Pargo had 18 points and made four 3-pointers for the Bobcats, who have dropped two straight following a victory over Boston at home just four days ago. Gerald Henderson added 16 points and Kemba Walker had 14 in defeat.
Boston added to its already growing margin to start the fourth with back-to- back monster slams by Chris Wilcox and Shavlik Randolph which made it 92-66 just two minutes in.
The Bobcats got within 13 late in the fourth on a Pargo triple, but the damage was already done as the Celtics cruised to the victory the rest of the way.
Charlotte trailed 59-53 early in the third quarter, though the hosts created some distance with a 16-4 flurry capped off by Pierce, who hit a triple at the 3:24 mark to make it 75-57.
"I thought defensively it was pretty disappointing," Charlotte coach Mike Dunlap said on his team's overall performance. "I think we're a better defensive team, we proved that the last time we played them."
Boston extended its edge to as many as nine points in the second on Jordan Crawford's trey at the 6:41 mark, but the Bobcats score eight straight to get within 40-39 on a Josh McRoberts reverse lay-in.
Boston closed the first half on a 10-4 spurt to take a 50-43 advantage.
The action was tied 24-24 after one quarter of play, while both teams shot an identical 52.6 percent (10-of-19) from the floor.
Charlotte has lost eight of nine in Boston ... The Bobcats have lost seven in a row on the road ... Boston dropped a 100-74 decision at Charlotte on Tuesday to end the Bobcats' 10-game skid ... Courtney Lee had 12 points, four assists and five boards, while Pierce added eight helpers and six rebounds in the victory ... Boston shot 10-of-15 from behind the arc ... Kevin Garnett missed the contest with a strained left thigh.
- CHARLOTTE: 88
Mar 16 9:53 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 66
End of 3rd
Mar 16 9:22 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 43
Mar 16 8:37 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 24
End of 1st
Mar 16 8:04 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:32
Mar 16 7:44 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29