Celtics cruise past WizardsApr 8, 2013 - 5:08 AM
Paul Pierce finished with 15 points and five assists, while Kevin Garnett added 12 points and six boards for the Celtics, who have won two of their last three games and sit 1 1/2 games behind the Atlanta Hawks for the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference.
"He's comfortable in everything he's doing. You know the thing about Brandon is we don't run a lot of plays but he seems to always be in the right spots, available, taking advantage of his opportunities to move the ball, and that's what you're seeing," Pierce said of Bass.
John Wall tallied 16 points and 10 assists to lead Washington, which has dropped two of its last three tilts.
"We had trouble passing with some of our bigs. Turnovers they turned into points. We didn't have a lot - 17 , but our bigs had seven of them," Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "That usually leads to a fast break layup when your bigs turn it over. We had that stretch in the third quarter where we struggled offensively and they were clicking offensively and that was the difference."
The Celtics led 28-27 after a quarter of play and took a 56-52 edge into the break, but began to pull away in the third.
After Nene's left-handed dunk pulled the Wizards within 58-57, Boston countered with a 14-1 run to seize control.
Avery Bradley and Bass had four points apiece during the surge, which was capped on Bass's driving two-handed dunk to make it 72-58 with 5:00 left in the third.
The margin swelled to as much as 18 before Boston entered the final frame with an 87-71 cushion.
Washington never cut the deficit below double digits in the fourth.
Boston has beaten Washington seven straight times ... The Celtics recorded 20 points off of 17 Wizards turnovers ... Boston held a 50-36 points in the paint advantage.
- WASHINGTON: 96
Apr 7 8:23 PM
- WASHINGTON: 71
End of 3rd
Apr 7 7:52 PM
- WASHINGTON: 52
Apr 7 7:05 PM
- WASHINGTON: 27
End of 1st
Apr 7 6:33 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:46
Apr 7 6:11 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27