Knight helps Pistons slip past CharlotteFeb 21, 2013 - 5:56 AM Detroit Pistons to a 105-99 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday.
Jose Calderon added 17 points and Rodney Stuckey chipped in with 12 points and seven rebounds off the bench for the Pistons, who have won four of their last six games.
Knight left the game late in the third quarter with an apparent right knee injury after a collision with Bobcats guard Kemba Walker. Knight left the court under his own power, and briefly returned to the game, before exiting once again in the fourth quarter because of an unrelated ankle injury.
"He'll be day-to-day," Pistons coach Lawrence Frank said of Knight. "Right now we will probably label it a hyperextension. The second time it was his ankle. We will see where it is at."
Walker poured in a game-high 24 points and Ramon Sessions added 18 points and eight assists for the Bobcats, who have dropped nine of their last 11 tilts.
"We missed a lot of rotations and we just weren't in sync tonight. We have to get that back," Walker said.
Will Bynum's short jumper ignited a 13-3 burst to put the Pistons up 90-79. The Bobcats countered with a 16-6 run to make it 96-95 with 2:51 left.
Charlotte rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist capped the run with a ferocious right- handed slam over Monroe.
The Pistons closed the game with a 9-4 flurry to seal the win.
Detroit led 28-25 after the first quarter, but the Bobcats outscored the Pistons 31-27 in the second to take a 56-55 lead into the break.
Walker nailed a 3-pointer with 6 1/2 minutes left in the third to spark a 7-0 swing that put the visitors ahead by four, 72-68, but Detroit responded with a 9-2 surge to go up 77-74 with just over two minutes left and took a 77-76 lead into the final frame.
Detroit dominated Charlotte inside, outscoring the Bobcats 50-34 in the paint ... Charlotte hasn't won two games in a row since November ... The Pistons have won four straight in Charlotte.
- DETROIT: 105
Feb 20 9:28 PM
- DETROIT: 77
End of 3rd
Feb 20 8:47 PM
- DETROIT: 55
Feb 20 8:05 PM
- DETROIT: 28
End of 1st
Feb 20 7:34 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Feb 20 7:12 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29