Nets win 5th in a row, down KingsNov 19, 2012 - 6:36 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Andray Blatche poured in a team-high 22 points to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 99-90 win over the Sacramento Kings on Sunday.
Deron Williams posted a double-double with 14 points and 10 assists and MarShon Brooks dropped in 14 for the Nets, winners in five straight.
"I think we're happy with our record, but we know we can play better basketball," Williams said.
DeMarcus Cousins scored a game-high 29 points and grabbed seven rebounds and Tyreke Evans had 21 points and seven boards for the Kings, who have dropped five in a row.
Brooklyn held a slim 21-20 lead after the first quarter. Lopez scored eight points in the frame on 4-of-8 shooting.
The Nets pushed their lead to 54-42 at the break after outscoring the Kings 33-22 in the second period. Blatche poured in 12 of his 22 in the stanza and Brooklyn shot 68.4 percent from the field (13-for-19). The Kings led by three at 24-21 early in the quarter, but a 12-5 burst gave Brooklyn a 33-29 lead before outscoring Sacramento 21-13 the rest of the way.
"We were in the game the first quarter," Kings guard Marcus Thornton said. "In the second quarter, there was a two-minute stretch where we let the game get away from us."
The Kings cut it to 74-65 in the third after outscoring the Nets 23-20 in the frame. Cousins poured in 12 points after going 5-for-5 from the floor and 2- for-3 from the free throw line.
The Nets' lead proved to be too much in the fourth and Brooklyn cruised to the easy win. Joe Johnson, who was second in the league in fourth quarter scoring entering the game, poured in eight and Brooks scored nine of 4-of-5 shooting.
The Kings pulled within two at 76-74 early in the fourth, but it would be as close as they would get. Brooklyn used a 13-2 run to go up 89-76 with four minutes left and coasted to victory.
The Nets have won six of the last eight against the Kings ... Sacramento play six of their next eight at home.
- BROOKLYN: 99
Nov 18 8:24 PM
- BROOKLYN: 74
End of 3rd
Nov 18 7:47 PM
- BROOKLYN: 54
Nov 18 7:04 PM
- BROOKLYN: 21
End of 1st
Nov 18 6:36 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 18 6:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20