Curry, Thompson lead Warriors past NetsNov 22, 2012 - 6:35 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson found their rhythm in the second half and commanded the floor.
The duo tallied 38 second-half points in the Golden State Warriors' 102-93 victory over the Brooklyn Nets.
Curry netted 25 points, while Thompson added 23 for the Warriors, who have won four of their past five games. Both players had 19 points apiece over the final 24 minutes.
"It was great to see Klay take and make shots," Golden State head coach Mark Jackson said of Thompson.
David Lee recorded 20 points, 13 rebounds and six assists in the triumph.
Brook Lopez registered 22 points for Brooklyn, which has dropped two in a row on the heels of its five-game winning streak.
"We have to figure how to change it up. Our defense really had a low grade in the third quarter," Nets coach Avery Johnson said. "They were ready and had more energy than we did in the second half."
The Warriors trailed by as many as 13 in the opening half and were down, 46-41, at the break before they charged back in the third.
An 8-2 push by the home team, capped by Lee's putback layup, knotted the contest midway through the third.
Carl Landry's layup with 2:42 left in the frame gave Golden State its first lead before it took a 74-66 advantage into the fourth.
The lead swelled to as many as 14 in the final period.
Brooklyn shot 73.7 percent (14-of-19) from the field in the first and had a 30-18 edge.
The Warriors held a 17-5 edge over Brooklyn in fastbreak points ... Thompson's 23 points tied a season-high ... Golden State was 7-of-15 from beyond the arc, while Brooklyn finished 6-of-23 from three-point range.
- BROOKLYN: 93
GOLDEN STATE: 102
Nov 22 12:54 AM
- BROOKLYN: 66
GOLDEN STATE: 74
End of 3rd
Nov 22 12:20 AM
- BROOKLYN: 46
GOLDEN STATE: 41
Nov 21 11:42 PM
- BROOKLYN: 30
GOLDEN STATE: 18
End of 1st
Nov 21 11:09 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 21 10:45 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19