Nets top Trail BlazersNov 26, 2012 - 3:17 AM Brooklyn, NY (Sports Network) - The Brooklyn Nets are enjoying the new state- of-the-art Barclay's Center.
Joe Johnson netted 21 points, while Deron Williams tallied 15 points and 12 assists in the Brooklyn Nets' 98-85 win over the Portland Trail Blazers.
Brook Lopez added 15 points and eight rebounds and Kris Humphries chipped in 14 points and 10 boards for Brooklyn, which has won six of its first seven home games.
The Nets went just 9-24 at home a year ago.
"You can't really compare this team to other years. It's a totally different team," Humphries said. "I think we played well in the fourth quarter and we just kept getting stops."
Wesley Matthews recorded 20 points and J.J. Hickson had 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Blazers, who opened a lengthy seven-game road trip.
"They've got four All-Stars on the court and they know how to play," Portland coach Terry Stotts said of the Nets.
A pair of Jared Jeffries free throws with 9:50 left in the fourth tied the game at 74-74, but the Nets responded with an 9-0 spurt to seize control of the contest.
C.J. Watson hit a 3-pointer, Evans sunk two free throws, Lopez had a dunk and Johnson's floater capped the run and made it 83-74 midway through the frame.
The margin swelled to as many as 14 down the stretch.
Portland led, 27-25, after a quarter of play and 50-46 at the break.
Williams poured in nine points in the third as the Nets knotted the game at 70-70 heading into the final frame.
Johnson had 17 points in the first half ... Portland had won 13 of its previous 17 games against Brooklyn coming in ... The Nets outrebounded the Blazers, 61-45.
- PORTLAND: 85
Nov 25 5:23 PM
- PORTLAND: 70
End of 3rd
Nov 25 4:47 PM
- PORTLAND: 50
Nov 25 4:09 PM
- PORTLAND: 27
End of 1st
Nov 25 3:36 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 25 3:12 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11