Pacers keep Wizards winlessNov 11, 2012 - 5:04 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Paul George posted 20 points and seven rebounds as Indiana took down Washington, 89-85, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Gerald Green had 15 points and eight rebounds while Lance Stephenson added 12 points and David West gave 11 for the Pacers, who snapped a three-game slide.
"It feels good to win and hopefully we can put together a streak here," said George. "It's a long season and we just have to focus on what will make us better in the future."
Emeka Okafor and Bradley Beal each posted 17 points while A.J. Price gave 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Wizards, who have dropped all five of their games this season.
"We have too many turnovers, especially me," said Beal. "We try making passes that aren't there, or try making a move in a tight spot. It's not the other team that's beating us, it's us beating ourselves."
Indiana built a five-point lead with 8:14 to play when D.J. Augustin hit a 3- pointer, his only points of the game, for an 80-75 advantage.
West's layup with 1:44 left made it an 87-80 game, but Beal buried a three and, following a miss from Roy Hibbert, Okafor buried a jumper to make it a two-point contest with 36.4 seconds to play.
George then missed a 3-pointer and Hibbert failed on the tip, with Price grabbing the board and calling timeout with 16.9 seconds left.
Trevor Booker was set up for a potential tying shot, but he missed, George grabbed the rebound and hit his two from the line with 1.2 seconds to play to seal the win.
The first 24 minutes of the game were tight as neither side led by more than seven. Indiana had a 23-22 lead after one, but Washington made up the point in the second as the teams went to halftime at 49-all.
Washington took a 72-70 lead into the final quarter after Chris Singelton hit a jumper with 25.1 seconds left and George Hill missed on a 3-pointer in the final seconds.
Indiana hosts Toronto on Tuesday ... Washington will look for its first win of the season on Tuesday against Charlotte ... The Pacers have won seven straight against the Wizards ... Hibbert finished the game with seven points and 12 rebounds.
- WASHINGTON: 85
Nov 10 9:19 PM
- WASHINGTON: 72
End of 3rd
Nov 10 8:41 PM
- WASHINGTON: 49
Nov 10 8:04 PM
- WASHINGTON: 22
End of 1st
Nov 10 7:34 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 10 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2