Pacers dominate JazzDec 20, 2012 - 3:58 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Gerald Green totaled 21 points, while Paul George and George Hill each added 20 as the Indiana Pacers dominated the Utah Jazz, 104-84, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
George also had 11 rebounds and four blocks, as the Pacers won for the fourth time in five games.
Indiana outscored the Jazz, 22-8, in the second quarter to expand their lead to 53-31 at the break. The Pacers led by as many as 32 in the third quarter.
Derrick Favors had 16 points and nine rebounds for Utah, which lost for the third time in four contests. The Jazz shot a paltry 37.2 percent, including a dismal 3-of-20 in the second quarter.
"We were just making a defensive stand," Hill said. "We were communicating, helping one another, being in our gaps, making things tough. When you do that you know it's going to be a great night."
Randy Foye's 3-pointer had the Jazz in front, 14-12, but Indiana went ahead for good by netting the next nine points, finished by a 3-ball from Green. Hill's short jumper expanded the difference to 31-20 with 1:19 to go in the period.
The Jazz missed all eight of their 3-point shots in the second quarter. George and Hill each scored eight points, with the players combining to go 7-of-7 from the field in the quarter, helping the Pacers take a commanding advantage.
The Pacers were up 73-41 with 4:42 left in the third quarter following a David West turnaround jumper.
Indiana went into the final quarter up 25 and the margin never dipped below 20 after that point.
"It was one of those games where we just didn't have it, we didn't make shots," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "I'm disappointed in our performance."
The Pacers have won two in a row against the Jazz for the first time since a seven-game streak in the series that ran from March 2003 to December 2005 ... West had 13 points and Roy Hibbert 12 for the Pacers, who shot 51.3 percent from the field ... Alec Burks had 12 points and Mo Williams 11 for Utah.
- UTAH: 84
Dec 19 9:16 PM
- UTAH: 51
End of 3rd
Dec 19 8:43 PM
- UTAH: 31
Dec 19 8:00 PM
- UTAH: 23
End of 1st
Dec 19 7:32 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Dec 19 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5