Jefferson, Millsap pace Jazz over BucksFeb 7, 2013 - 6:20 AM Salt Lake City, UT (Sports Network) - Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap scored 19 points apiece to lead the Utah Jazz to a 100-86 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday.
Jefferson also had 11 rebounds for the Jazz, who have won four of their past five games. Enes Kanter registered 17 points and nine rebounds off the bench.
"I thought he was great," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said of Kanter. "I thought he did a great job of giving us energy from the time he stepped on the floor."
Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova scored 17 points apiece for the Bucks, who came into the game off a loss against Denver on Tuesday. Samuel Dalembert recorded 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Milwaukee had a 25-19 advantage entering the second quarter. However, it was outscored 32-18 in the frame. Kanter scored 11 points alone and was a perfect 5-of-5 from the field.
Millsap's fadeaway with 7:22 remaining gave Utah a 34-33 edge.
By halftime, the Jazz held a 51-43 margin.
The Bucks had difficulty shooting in the third, shooting just 26.3 percent from the field, including 1-of-6 from three-point range, and were held scoreless in the final 2:16.
Entering the fourth, Utah had a 77-62 lead.
Dalembert's free throws with 3 1/2 minutes left to play closed the deficit to 90-81, but he was then called for goaltending on the following Jazz possession and Milwaukee was unable to get any closer.
"They just dominated us in the paint," Bucks coach Jim Boylan said of the Jazz. "Our guys battled, but they are a physical team. That's their strength. They took advantage of it."
The Bucks' Larry Sanders, the NBA's leading shot blocker, did not play due to a back injury ... Utah outscored Milwaukee 31-10 on second-chance points ... Utah has won four straight against Milwaukee and four of the last five meetings.
- MILWAUKEE: 86
Feb 6 11:16 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 62
End of 3rd
Feb 6 10:42 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 43
Feb 6 10:02 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 25
End of 1st
Feb 6 9:35 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Feb 6 9:12 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13