Nuggets stay hot in win over KingsMar 6, 2013 - 7:27 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Ty Lawson had 24 points and Danilo Gallinari added 23 points in the Denver Nuggets' sixth straight win, a 120-113 triumph over the Sacramento Kings.
Kenneth Faried finished with 19 points and 12 rebounds for Denver, which has won eight in a row against Sacramento.
Marcus Thornton nailed five 3-pointers en route to 32 points for the Kings, who have dropped eight of their last 10 contests.
"You have to be perfect against a team like that," Kings head coach Keith Smart said.
The game was knotted at 50-50 at the break, but Denver tallied 70 second-half points to notch the victory, which included a 36-point third quarter.
Denver began the third on an 11-2 run to seize control of the tilt. Gallinari sunk a trey and Kosta Koufos capped the burst with a jumper for a 61-52 Nuggets margin with 8:57 left in the period.
"I thought the way we started defensively early in the third quarter was the key," Denver head coach George Karl said.
The visitors took an 86-79 cushion into the fourth, but a John Salmons triple and two Patrick Patterson free throws pulled the Kings within 101-97 midway through the frame.
Denver quickly answered with two Andre Miller layups before Lawson split a pair from the line to extend the margin back to 106-97 and Sacramento never threatened again.
The Nuggets held a 60-44 points in the paint advantage and a 22-13 edge in fast break points ... Koufos registered 15 points and eight boards ... Denver was 8-of-16 from beyond the arc.
- DENVER: 120
Mar 6 12:20 AM
- DENVER: 86
End of 3rd
Mar 5 11:47 PM
- DENVER: 50
Mar 5 11:01 PM
- DENVER: 24
End of 1st
Mar 5 10:34 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 5 10:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14