Thompson comes through for Warriors in win over KingsMar 7, 2013 - 7:32 AM Golden State Warriors to an 87-83 win over the Sacramento Kings.
On the go-ahead bucket, the Kings double-teamed Stephen Curry beyond the left wing. He passed the ball to the high post for David Lee, who quickly swung it to a wide-open Thompson in the right corner and he nailed the jumper to give Golden State an 85-83 edge.
"It was a drag screen for Steph (Curry), (David) Lee was doing the pin down for me, he played the part well and he popped, then he found me right in the shooting pocket. All I had to do was catch and shoot," Thompson said.
Tyreke Evans drove down the lane on Thompson at the other end, but his layup attempt off the glass was too strong and Draymond Green sunk two free throws to seal the outcome for Golden State.
Lee finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Curry was limited to 13 points, but dished out eight helpers for the Warriors, who have own two straight on the heels of a four-game skid.
Jason Thompson tallied 17 points and eight boards to lead Sacramento, which has dropped nine of its last 11 tilts.
"It was a big feather in our cap the way our group performed tonight," Kings head coach Keith Smart said.
The Warriors led 28-21 after a quarter of play, but Sacramento outscored them 23-13 in the second to take a 44-41 cushion into the break.
Isaiah Thomas' layup knotted the contest at 56-56 with less than four minutes to go in the third before the Warriors countered with a 9-0 spurt that propelled them to a 69-63 cushion heading into the final frame.
Curry's pull-up triple with 2:59 to go gave the hosts a four-point lead, but Sacramento answered as Thompson nailed a jumper and Patrick Patterson sunk a right corner trey for an 83-82 Kings edge with 1:25 left.
Patterson finished with 15 points and eight rebounds ... Harrison Barnes totaled 14 points for Golden State ... The Warriors were 25-of-29 from the foul line.
- SACRAMENTO: 83
GOLDEN STATE: 87
Mar 7 12:53 AM
- SACRAMENTO: 63
GOLDEN STATE: 69
End of 3rd
Mar 7 12:18 AM
- SACRAMENTO: 44
GOLDEN STATE: 41
Mar 6 11:33 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 21
GOLDEN STATE: 28
End of 1st
Mar 6 11:04 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Mar 6 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19