Sixers snap road skid, top KingsMar 25, 2013 - 4:53 AM
Dorell Wright, who went 6-of-10 from 3-point range, netted 22 points for the Sixers, who snapped a 15-game road losing streak. Lavoy Allen scored a career-high 20, and Damien Wilkins added 17 points and six boards in the victory, the first on the road for the team since Jan. 1 against the Lakers.
"It finally feels good to win on the road. I'm so happy for our guys, especially the way they bounced back after that tough tough loss in Denver," Sixers head coach Doug Collins said.
Isaiah Thomas tallied 25 points to lead Sacramento, which had won three straight at home.
Two Tyreke Evans free throws pulled the Kings within 78-77 with four minutes left in the third before the Sixers pulled away with a 27-7 run that spanned the third and fourth frames.
Wilkins, who had nine points during the burst, capped it with a 3-point play to give Philly a commanding 105-84 margin with 8:23 to play.
Sacramento took a 31-22 lead after a quarter of play, but the Sixers outscored the Kings 36-27 in the second to knot the tilt 58 heading into the break.
"They ran their stuff and they got great shots," Evans said. "They outrebounded us, got second chances."
Philly's 117 points scored and 31 assists are season-bests ... Allen went 9-of-13 from the field ... The Sixers held a 19-8 margin in second-chance points ... Philadelphia has won three straight and nine of the last 10 meetings.
- PHILADELPHIA: 117
Mar 24 11:14 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 91
End of 3rd
Mar 24 10:47 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 58
Mar 24 10:08 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 22
End of 1st
Mar 24 9:33 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 2
1st Quarter - 11:53
Mar 24 9:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28