Thunder rout SixersJan 5, 2013 - 7:50 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant had 27 and 26 points, respectively, and the Oklahoma City Thunder bounced back with a 109-85 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday.
Kevin Martin added 16 points for the Thunder, who had a 12-game home winning streak snapped Wednesday with a loss to the Nets. Serge Ibaka donated 15 points, 10 rebounds and three steals.
"I liked the way we started defensively, I thought we were good with that for all four quarters and that's what we wanted to do," OKC head coach Scott Brooks said.
Nick Young ended with 21 points for the Sixers, who fell to 2-5 on an eight- game road trip. Jrue Holiday, coming off a triple-double against the Suns on Wednesday, had 15 points and nine assists.
"We fell asleep on their 3-point shooters, we gave them about six threes where our guys didn't stay locked in," Sixers head coach Doug Collins said.
The Thunder turned it on late in the third quarter. Holding a 61-57 lead with 5:32 left, Oklahoma City went on a 13-2 run. Westbrook tallied eight points during the surge to make it a 74-61 contest. It was 78-66 heading to the fourth.
Ahead by 16, 98-82, with 4:23 to play, the Thunder turned the game into a rout with an 11-0 spurt. Martin capped the surge with a pair of free throws to make it a 109-82 contest.
In the second half, Oklahoma City shot 63.9 percent from the field and went 8- of-11 from beyond the arc.
Philadelphia kept it close in the first half and only trailed by four, 46-42, at the break.
The Thunder have owned Philly in recent years with eight wins in a row. The 76ers haven't beaten the Thunder in Oklahoma City ever ... Philadelphia's road trip comes to a close on Saturday against San Antonio ... The Thunder went 21- of-27 from the foul line, while the Sixers went 6-of-8 from the charity stripe.
- PHILADELPHIA: 85
OKLAHOMA CITY: 109
Jan 4 10:15 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 66
OKLAHOMA CITY: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 4 9:45 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 42
OKLAHOMA CITY: 46
Jan 4 9:07 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 21
OKLAHOMA CITY: 22
End of 1st
Jan 4 8:33 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:46
Jan 4 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19