Curry, Warriors dominate DetroitNov 13, 2013 - 7:46 AM Golden State Warriors pounded the Detroit Pistons, 113-95, on Tuesday at Oracle Arena.
David Lee and Jermaine O'Neal donated 17 points apiece, while Klay Thompson tallied 14 points for the Warriors, who snapped a two-game slide.
"I thought we did an outstanding job of sharing the basketball," Golden State head coach Mark Jackson said. "We just made plays."
Andre Drummond led Detroit with a 16-point, 14-rebound double-double and Greg Monroe chipped in 15 points for the Pistons, who have lost four straight.
"We just have to watch some film and get back to being aggressive and physical in the paint," Detroit forward Josh Smith said of the team's struggles.
The Warriors led from start to finish, as they opened the game on a 16-4 surge that Andre Iguodala capped with a 3-pointer under five minutes into the tilt.
A Curry triple late in the frame sparked an 11-2 quarter-closing run that sent Golden State into the second with a comfortable 35-16 advantage.
Lee helped the Warriors extend the margin in the second, scoring nine points and grabbing six boards in the frame as the Warriors carried a 62-41 cushion into halftime.
Curry and Harrison Barnes combined to shoot 8-of-9 from the floor for 20 points in the third, as Golden State pushed its lead to 94-71 heading into the final frame.
Detroit got within 13 in the fourth on Will Bynum's three-point play, but the Warriors were able to hold on down the stretch for the double-digit victory.
Detroit fell to 0-3 on the road this season ... The Warriors have won five in a row and six of their last seven against Detroit ... Golden State announced prior to the game that guard Toney Douglas is expected to miss a minimum of two weeks with a stress reaction in his left tibia ... Iguodala finished with eight points and 11 assists ... Bynum scored 14 points for the Pistons.
Nov 13 12:59 AM
- DETROIT: 71
GOLDEN STATE: 94
End of 3rd
Nov 13 12:24 AM
- DETROIT: 41
GOLDEN STATE: 62
Nov 12 11:45 PM
- DETROIT: 16
GOLDEN STATE: 35
End of 1st
Nov 12 11:07 PM
- DETROIT: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 12 10:44 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19