Teague, Hawks top SixersNov 16, 2013 - 4:06 AM
Teague scored eight points during a 12-2 run that was capped by a Horford layup with 6:28 remaining, which gave Atlanta its largest lead of the game, 94-80.
The Hawks never looked back as Philadelphia closed the gap to seven but that was as far as they came to another fourth-quarter comeback.
"It was OK, it was a good game for me but you know we got another one tomorrow," said Teague on his career night. "That's a good thing about the NBA, you can bounce in the glory for a little bit but you gotta get back at it tomorrow."
Evan Turner paced the Sixers with 27 points and Tony Wroten, making his second consecutive start in place of Michael Carter-Williams, added 22 points and six assists.
Philadelphia went on a 12-0 run midway through the second quarter to take its first lead when Wroten stole the ball from Teague and went in for the coast-to-coast layup. Wroten scored six straight during the run and capped it with a running dunk through the lane for a 39-36 advantage.
Darius Morris hit a 3-pointer from the far corner with the shot clock expiring and 2.5 seconds remaining in the opening half to give the Sixers their biggest lead to that point, 56-51.
"We moved the ball well in that first half, we found backdoors, we found different people," said Philadelphia head coach Brett Brown. "I don't think we moved the ball as well in the second half, I thought the ball stuck a lot in the second half."
Lou Williams, playing in his first game since missing almost 11 months with a torn ACL, rushed the ball up court and found Carroll in the corner for a three of his own as time expired to pull the Hawks within two at half.
Kyle Korver hit a 3-pointer with 3:36 remaining in the first quarter to extend his streak to 82 games with a successful 3-point field goal. He finished with 13 points and is seven games shy of the NBA record set by Dana Barros.
Spencer Hawes added a double-double for Philadelphia with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Atlanta has recorded at least 22 assists in every game this season ... Korver moved into 10th place on the Hawks all-time 3-point field goal list with his first of the game, passing Craig Ehlo ... The last time Atlanta recorded back- to-back wins against the Sixers was Oct. 29,2010-Dec. 2, 2010 ... Philadelphia continues its three-game road trip tomorrow in New Orleans ... Atlanta travels to New York with a matchup against the Knicks.
Nov 15 9:53 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 73
End of 3rd
Nov 15 9:18 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 56
Nov 15 8:37 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 17
End of 1st
Nov 15 8:05 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Nov 15 7:43 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8