Aldridge, Trail Blazers defeat BucksNov 21, 2013 - 4:55 AM
Wesley Matthews added 15 points and Nicolas Batum finished with eight points, eight rebounds and eight assists for the Blazers, who have won eight straight.
"We came out in the second half and decided we had to be the aggressors on defense, and if we had to we had to get on the floor to secure the ball," said Blazers center Robin Lopez. "We were playing good defense in the first half but just not securing the possessions."
Portland is one of three teams in the NBA with 10 wins this season. The Indiana Pacers and San Antonio Spurs also have 10 wins.
Luke Ridnour scored a team-high 13 points, while Zaza Pachulia and Gary Neal added 11 points apiece for the reeling Bucks, who have dropped six straight.
"I think we're still trying to figure it out. We've got a lot of new guys who are just coming back (from injury) into the rhythm of the game, and we're still trying to figure it out," Ridnour said.
Matthews canned a baseline jumper to put the Blazers ahead 23-19 with 2 1/2 minutes left in the first quarter, but the Bucks scored the final five points of the frame for a 24-23 lead.
A pair of Pachulia free throws put the Bucks up 37-31, but a 22-11 swing put the Blazers in front 53-48, and Portland took a 53-51 edge into the break.
The Blazers' lead swelled to 11, 70-59, following a Batum triple with two minutes left in the third, but the Bucks scored the final four points of the frame to make it 70-64 entering the final quarter.
Milwaukee couldn't get closer than five the rest of the way.
Lopez had eight points and eight rebounds for Portland ... The Blazers had 26 assists ... John Henson scored 10 points and pulled down seven boards off the bench for Milwaukee ... The Bucks outscored the Blazers 42-28 in the paint.
Nov 20 10:15 PM
- PORTLAND: 70
End of 3rd
Nov 20 9:42 PM
- PORTLAND: 53
Nov 20 9:01 PM
- PORTLAND: 23
End of 1st
Nov 20 8:31 PM
- PORTLAND: 2
1st Quarter - 11:45
Nov 20 8:11 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10