Leonard leads Spurs past CelticsNov 21, 2013 - 5:04 AM Boston Celtics on Wednesday at AT&T Center.
San Antonio trailed 50-48 early in the third quarter before Leonard and Tim Duncan combined on a 13-2 surge that put the Spurs in front for good.
Tony Parker finished with a team-high 19 points, while Duncan added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Spurs, who joined Indiana and Portland as the first three teams to reach 10 wins this season.
"The second half we played a lot better and got our rhythm going and we made some shots," Parker said of the team's second-half turnaround.
Jared Sullinger recorded a 19-point, 17-board double-double, while Jeff Green and Avery Bradley each poured in 19 points for the Celtics, who have lost five straight games.
With San Antonio holding a 61-52 lead just over four minutes into the third, Sullinger highlighted an 8-2 Boston swing with a 3-pointer to get the Celtics back within three.
However, Parker provided the answer for the Spurs this time, scoring the final six points of an 8-0 San Antonio surge that pushed the margin back to double digits.
San Antonio carried an 80-70 edge into the fourth before Danny Green drained a pair of triples during a 12-2 spurt that gave the Spurs a 97-78 advantage with 6:18 left in the game.
Boston failed to get closer than nine the rest of the way.
"They're a tough team to play because any given night anyone could go off," Sullinger said of the Spurs. "They move the ball and could care less about scoring. They play together as a team."
Both teams shot over 45 percent from the field in a tightly-contested first half that featured 14 ties and 10 lead changes.
Boston built the largest lead of the half at seven behind 10 points and 12 boards from Sullinger, but an 11-point effort from Parker allowed the Spurs to even the score, 48-48, heading into halftime.
San Antonio improved to 5-0 at home this season ... The Spurs have won four straight and 24 of the last 31 meetings with the Celtics ... Boston turned the ball over 17 times, leading to 25 points for the Spurs ... Tiago Splitter scored 11 points and grabbed 10 boards for the Spurs.
Nov 20 10:40 PM
- BOSTON: 68
SAN ANTONIO: 80
End of 3rd
Nov 20 10:10 PM
- BOSTON: 48
SAN ANTONIO: 48
Nov 20 9:32 PM
- BOSTON: 25
SAN ANTONIO: 22
End of 1st
Nov 20 9:01 PM
- BOSTON: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:46
Nov 20 8:41 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12