Stephenson dazzles as Pacers top CelticsNov 23, 2013 - 3:57 AM Indiana Pacers to a 97-82 win over the Boston Celtics on Friday.
Stephenson, who also notched a triple-double on Nov. 11, poured in 10 points to go with 11 rebounds and 10 assists. He is the only player in the NBA this season with multiple triple-doubles.
David West and Luis Scola added 17 points apiece for the Pacers, who improved to an Eastern Conference-best 11-1.
Jordan Crawford scored 24 points and Jeff Green added 20 for the Celtics, who have dropped six straight.
Boston shot 60 percent (12-for-20) in the first quarter to take a 25-22 lead after 12 minutes. Crawford poured in 11 points in the frame on 5-of-5 shooting.
The Celtics took a 50-42 edge into the break after Crawford knocked down a trey at buzzer, but it was a different story in the second half as the Pacers held Crawford to just five points over the final 24 minutes.
"I just didn't complete the game. I'm very disappointed in myself. It was nothing they did. I don't think it was nothing they did. I just didn't complete the game," said Crawford.
Indiana opened the third quarter on a 13-5 run to tie the game at 55-55, before outscoring Boston 12-3 over the final five minutes to take a 67-58 lead into the final frame.
"I'm really proud of our guys' effort, particularly in the second half, particularly in the third quarter, how we buckled down on the defensive end. Our starters, as a unit, have a gear defensively that they can reach that's pretty special. They hit that in the third and took control of the game." said Pacers head coach Frank Vogel.
The Pacers' lead swelled to 20, 90-70, with just under four minutes to left as Indiana cruised to victory.
West had eight rebounds ... The Pacers outscored Boston 44-36 in the paint ... Jared Sullinger scored 13 points for the Celtics ... Indiana's bench outscored the Celtics' reserves 29-17.
Nov 22 9:42 PM
- INDIANA: 67
End of 3rd
Nov 22 9:13 PM
- INDIANA: 42
Nov 22 8:31 PM
- INDIANA: 22
End of 1st
Nov 22 8:04 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Nov 22 7:42 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5