Bobcats top BucksNov 24, 2013 - 6:50 AM Milwaukee Bucks would be an understatement.
Al Jefferson outscored the entire starting lineup of the Bucks Saturday night, as the Charlotte Bobcats dominated Milwaukee, 96-72, at Bradley Center.
Jefferson had 19 points, one more than Milwaukee's starting five of Ersan Ilyasova, Caron Butler, Zaza Pachulia, Luke Ridnour and O.J. Mayo.
Khris Middleton had 20 points and John Henson added 10 for Milwaukee, which shot 35.3 percent from the field and lost its eighth consecutive contest.
Gerald Henderson had 17 points for the Bobcats, who won at Milwaukee for just the second time in the last 17 meetings.
"I thought our defense was pretty good to start and pretty consistent the whole game," Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said.
Ilyasova was the top scoring starter for the Bucks with seven points. Sloppy play by the home team played a factor, as 15 turnovers converted into 25 Charlotte points.
Point guard Brandon Knight, who has been hampered by a hamstring injury, had three points on 1-of-8 shooting for the Bucks. Milwaukee played without Larry Sanders (thumb) and Carlos Delfino (foot).
The Bobcats never trailed, but were up only 46-39 at the half. The bottom fell out for the Bucks in the third quarter when they went 4-of-19 from the field. Middleton had seven of his team's 12 points, but the Bobcats totaled 28 in the period.
Charlotte led by as many as 28 in the fourth quarter.
"We totally let this city down tonight on the way we played, on our energy and on our intensity," Bucks coach Larry Drew said. "As I told the guys, as long as I'm going to be our head coach here that will never happen again as far as they like it or they don't."
This is Milwaukee's longest skid since concluding the 2007-08 season with eight straight defeats ... The Bucks, who play at Detroit Monday, haven't dropped nine in a row in a single season since March 7-22, 1998 ... Ramon Sessions had 13 points, Josh McRoberts 12 and Kemba Walker 11 for the Bobcats, who held a 52-36 rebounding advantage.
Nov 23 10:49 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 74
End of 3rd
Nov 23 10:14 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 46
Nov 23 9:36 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 25
End of 1st
Nov 23 9:11 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 23 8:42 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29