Bobcats send Bucks to 11th straight lossNov 30, 2013 - 6:23 AM
Gerald Henderson scored 19 points, while Ramon Sessions and Kemba Walker scored 11 and 10 points, respectively, for Charlotte, which snapped a two-game skid.
"Every game, I'm getting better and better with the way I feel and the way I'm playing. Milwaukee is a heck of a team, they've got great shooters and they were hanging around in the fourth (quarter)," said Jefferson. "I did want to take it upon myself to go on and seal the game and walk away with the win, and I got hot."
Brandon Knight had 17 points, while Gary Neal and Ekpe Udoh each had 10 points for the Bucks, who have their longest slide since dropping 15 straight, March 4-30, 1996.
"With no Caron (Butler) and no Ersan (Ilyasova), we were forced to go smaller," Bucks coach Larry Drew said. "The big lineup didn't have much of an effect."
Butler sat out with a swollen right knee and Ilyasova sat out the second half with a hamstring injury.
At the half the Bobcats led 51-41. The Bucks came as close as six points with 7:02 left in the third quarter, but Walker's 3-point shot started an 11-1 run, which was finished by Jefferson's jumper. That widened the margin to 67-51 with 3:49 left in the quarter.
The Bobcats were up 71-59 going to the fourth and stayed comfortably ahead by double digits the rest of the way.
After Cody Zeller made 1-of-2 free throws with 1:26 left in the first it broke a 19-point tie and after that the Bobcats wouldn't relinquish the lead.
The first quarter saw two lead changes and three ties which were the only ones of the game. At the end of the first the score was 24-20.
Charlotte started the second quarter with a 14-4 run to bring its lead into double digits and saw it get as high as 15 points prior to the halftime margin.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist didn't play for the Bobcats due to a right foot injury ... Bismack Biyombo had seven points and grabbed 14 rebounds for Charlotte ... The Bobcats had 18 turnovers compared to the Bucks' 10.
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29