Thunder stay perfect at home with win over PacersDec 9, 2013 - 5:25 AM
Russell Westbrook added 26 points and 13 assists for the Thunder, who have won 10 of their last 11 games and moved to 10-0 at home this year.
"I thought our guys did a great job of executing the game plan. We're a good defensive team too, we don't necessarily tell the world that. But we play with a lot of pride on the defensive end," OKC head coach Scott Brooks said.
Paul George netted 32 points for Indiana, which has dropped two of its last four since beginning the year 16-1.
"I think it was their defense that was the difference. They had great energy and they took us out of a lot of our stuff," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said.
Durant poured in 12 quick points as OKC raced out to a 14-4 start midway through the opening frame.
The Thunder took a 28-18 advantage into the second and triples by Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb capped a 15-4 Thunder surge, which extended the cushion to 43-24.
OKC held a 56-37 advantage at the break and led by as many as 29 in the third before taking a 90-69 spread into the fourth, where the hosts cruised to the easy win.
The Thunder are the only undefeated home team left in the Western Conference ... OKC shot 54.8 percent (23-of-42) in the first half ... Roy Hibbert had 12 points and nine rebounds for Indiana.
Dec 8 9:18 PM
- INDIANA: 69
OKLAHOMA CITY: 90
End of 3rd
Dec 8 8:49 PM
- blakelylaw OK folks, I've been sitting in MDs office all afternoon and came home on crutches, so what have I missed? Finally have a few stations up and running although I can't watch this one. Someone in office said AD got carted off field. See Atlanta managed to lose to Browns!!!! Anything else I need to know?
Pacers 59, Thunder 87 3rd - 1:39Dec 8 8:45 PM
- INDIANA: 37
OKLAHOMA CITY: 56
Dec 8 8:04 PM
- INDIANA: 18
OKLAHOMA CITY: 28
End of 1st
Dec 8 7:31 PM
- INDIANA: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 2
1st Quarter - 11:27
Dec 8 7:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20