Love, Timberwolves pound PistonsDec 11, 2013 - 6:48 AM
Ricky Rubio added 15 points and nine assists, while Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin netted 18 points apiece for Minnesota, which had dropped seven of its last nine games coming in.
"We did a great job of pushing the ball," Rubio said.
The Wolves were 11-of-24 from beyond the arc in the triumph.
Brandon Jennings registered 20 points and seven assists for the Pistons, who have lost two straight on the heels of a four-game winning streak.
"They are such a hard team to defend, because they can score in so many ways," Pistons head coach Maurice Cheeks said.
The Wolves led 33-32 after a quarter of play and a 17-3 surge in the second put them ahead for good. Martin had eight points during the run, which was capped by a Dante Cunningham layup for a 62-47 advantage late in the frame.
Minnesota took a 64-51 cushion into the break and a 96-77 spread into the fourth.
The Wolves led by as many as 30 in the final quarter.
Minnesota tallied 17 points off 20 Detroit turnovers ... Josh Smith had 17 points for the Pistons ... Minnesota registered 31 assists on 41 made field goals.
Dec 10 9:48 PM
- MINNESOTA: 121
End of Regulation
Dec 10 9:48 PM
- MINNESOTA: 96
End of 3rd
Dec 10 9:18 PM
- MINNESOTA: 64
Dec 10 8:36 PM
- MINNESOTA: 33
End of 1st
Dec 10 8:06 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Dec 10 7:42 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26