Magic pound PistonsDec 28, 2013 - 4:27 AM Orlando, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Arron Afflalo led five Orlando scorers in double figures with 23 points, as the Magic downed the Detroit Pistons, 109-92, on Friday at Amway Center.
Nikola Vucevic netted 20 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, while Victor Oladipo donated 16 points, 11 assists and five boards to help the Magic snap a three- game slide.
"I was just being patient, really, keeping my head up coming off ball screens and just reading what the defense gave me," Oladipo said. "I was just playing with a great pace and I just got to be consistent with it."
Tobias Harris recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds and Glen Davis added 14 points and eight boards in the victory.
Brandon Jennings paced the Pistons with 21 points and eight assists, while Will Bynum supplied 18 points off the bench for Detroit, which has dropped three of its last four games.
"From the start of the game we just couldn't get anything going offensively, defensively," Detroit head coach Maurice Cheeks said. "We just couldn't get anything going from the start."
Detroit trailed by just seven, 57-50, following Andre Drummond's layup just over a minute into the third before Orlando used a 15-2 surge to create a comfortable 20-point cushion.
Afflalo fueled the spurt with five points, while Jason Maxiell capped it with a jumper for a 72-52 spread with 6:04 left in the third.
The Magic carried an 85-66 lead into the fourth quarter before cruising to victory over the final 12 minutes.
Early on, the Pistons pulled within one on Bynum's layup just over 3 1/2 minutes into the second stanza, but Ronnie Price buried a 3-pointer at the other end and Oladipo followed with five straight points to push Orlando's lead to 40-31 just before the midpoint of the stanza.
The margin hovered around nine for the remainder of the half, and Josh Harrellson's triple at the halftime buzzer sent Detroit into the break facing a 55-48 deficit.
Orlando shot 52.9 percent (45-of-85) from the floor ... The Magic outscored the Pistons in the paint by a 58-48 margin ... Drummond posted a 10-point, 11 rebound double-double for Detroit.
Dec 27 9:19 PM
- DETROIT: 66
End of 3rd
Dec 27 8:48 PM
- DETROIT: 48
Dec 27 8:05 PM
- DETROIT: 21
End of 1st
Dec 27 7:35 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Dec 27 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25