Curry's late bucket lifts Warriors over CelticsJan 11, 2014 - 7:33 AM
After Jeff Green tied the game with a layup with 11.6 seconds left, Curry dribbled the clock down before losing Celtics guard Avery Bradley with a pick. Boston forward Kris Humphries was forced to switch and cover Curry, who shook the big man with a crossover before burying the deep jumper.
Gerald Wallace's desperation shot as time expired didn't even draw iron as the Warriors held on for the win.
Curry finished with 19 points and seven rebounds and Andre Iguodala stuffed the stat sheet with 22 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three steals without committing a turnover.
Klay Thompson added 17 points and David Lee donated 16 points and seven boards for the Warriors, winners in 11 of their last 12 games.
"These are the games that good teams, great teams, find ways to win," said Warriors coach Mark Jackson.
Jeff Green poured in 24 points and pulled down 11 boards and Jared Sullinger scored 21 to go with 11 rebounds for the Celitcs, losers in seven straight.
"Lost seven straight and guys are still fighting out there," Sullinger said. "Guys are still trying to make plays. Guys are still together. It's not like we're pulling apart."
Iguodala picked off a Bradley pass and took it the length of the court before throwing down a ferocious fast break slam to give Golden State an 82-69 lead with 10:32 remaining. Boston, though, used a 16-5 run, capped with a Humphries jumper, to pull within two points with 5:17 left.
Iguodala nailed a 20-foot stepback moments later for a 93-88 lead, but Green highlighted a quick 5-1 burst with a 3-pointer to make it 94-93 with 2:13 left.
The teams traded baskets and Harrison Barnes split a pair of free throws with 20 seconds left, but Green tied the game seconds later.
Golden State led 24-21 after the first quarter, but Boston outscored the Warriors 28-23 in the second to take a 49-47 lead into the break.
The Celtics led by as many as four early in the third quarter, but the Warriors used a 9-0 run to go up 61-56 and held a 72-67 lead entering the final frame.
Marreese Speights scored nine of his 13 points in the third quarter for Golden State ... Humphries finished with 16 points and 14 boards ... The Warriors host Denver on Wednesday ... Boston closes a five-game road trip in Portland on Saturday.
Jan 11 1:02 AM
- BOSTON: 97
GOLDEN STATE: 99
End of Regulation
Jan 11 1:02 AM
- BOSTON: 67
GOLDEN STATE: 72
End of 3rd
Jan 11 12:16 AM
- BOSTON: 49
GOLDEN STATE: 47
Jan 10 11:33 PM
- BOSTON: 21
GOLDEN STATE: 24
End of 1st
Jan 10 11:04 PM
- BOSTON: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Jan 10 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19