Bulls beat Bobcats for fifth straight winJan 12, 2014 - 5:53 AM
Noah finished with 19 points and 14 rebounds, Augustin added 20 points and 12 assists and Boozer chipped in with 12 points and 10 boards for the Bulls, winners in five straight.
"Every time we get knocked down, we get back up. Things don't always go your way," said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. "If you are not satisfied with your circumstances, you have to do everything you can to change them. We are fighting, clawing, doing everything we have to do."
Gerald Henderson scored a game-high 30 points and Kemba Walker added 29 for the Bobcats, losers in three straight and eight of their last nine overall.
Chicago's bench outscored Charlotte's reserves 43-9.
"I didn't play the bench as much because that is when we've struggled," said Bobcats Steve Clifford.
Al Jefferson finished with 20 points and 11 rebounds in the setback.
The Bobcats led, 73-72, after a Josh McRoberts layup 50 seconds into the final frame. The Bulls, though, countered with an 11-0 run to go up 83-73 and never looked back.
Chicago's spread swelled to 12, 96-84, after an Augustin reverse layup, but Charlotte used a 13-5 burst to pull within four with 11 ticks remaining. It was as close as the Bobcats would get the rest of the way.
Chicago led 24-17 after the first quarter and took a 52-42 lead into the break. The Bulls led 63-48 with 5:51 left in the third, but the Bobcats closed the frame on a 22-7 run to tie things up entering the final stanza.
Mike Dunleavy added 17 points for the Bulls ... The Bulls outrebounded the Bobcats 46-34 ... Charlotte was 19-for-20 from the free throw line.
Jan 11 10:22 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 70
End of 3rd
Jan 11 9:43 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 42
Jan 11 9:03 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 17
End of 1st
Jan 11 8:33 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Jan 11 8:18 PM
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Heat-Hornets Preview Apr 28