Nuggets rout Magic behind balanced attackJan 12, 2014 - 7:04 AM
Kenneth Faried had 17 points and nine rebounds and Ty Lawson and Quincy Miller scored 16 points apiece, while the latter had 11 rebounds in the Nuggets' fifth straight win. Timofey Mozgov and J.J. Hickson contributed 14 and 13 points, respectively.
"We had a slide of an eight game losing streak but we got focus and now we won five in a row and I hope we can keep it going," Nuggets guard Nate Robinson said.
Tobias Harris totaled 22 points and nine rebounds, Glen Davis had 20 points and Victor Oladipo added 15 for the Magic, who have now lost seven straight. E'Twaun Moore and Jameer Nelson added 10 points apiece.
"They are a fast-paced team. They have good tempo. They pushed it all night on us. It's tough for us to get stops versus them," Harris said.
Both teams came out firing early and just over three minutes into the game the teams combined for 22 points. After trading baskets Denver led 20-17 before the Nuggets went on a 14-2 tear. Orlando made the last three baskets of the quarter to bring the score to 34-25.
The teams traded baskets for most of the second quarter. The Magic managed to get as close as 11, but Denver stretched its advantage to as many as 26 during the quarter and carried a 22-point lead, 69-47, at the break.
Davis tried to will his team to a comeback when he scored his team's first six points of the third quarter, but the Nuggets only did not budge and kept a lead of at least 16 points or more.
The final 12 minutes of the contest was just a formality as Denver had the game well in hand.
The Magic have lost 11 straight away from home against Western Conference opponents ... Denver will face the Jazz in Utah on Monday ... The Magic will travel to Dallas to face the Mavericks Monday ... Orlando shot 4-for-20 from long distance, while Denver went 12-for-28 from behind the arc.
Jan 11 11:16 PM
- ORLANDO: 66
End of 3rd
Jan 11 10:48 PM
- ORLANDO: 47
Jan 11 10:13 PM
- ORLANDO: 25
End of 1st
Jan 11 9:33 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:46
Jan 11 9:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Magic walk away from season disappointed, yet encouraged Apr 14
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14