Davis helps Pelicans beat MagicJan 27, 2014 - 5:05 AM Orlando Magic.
Tyreke Evans finished with 23 points, seven rebounds and seven assists for the Pelicans, who snapped a six-game losing streak at home. Brian Roberts and Eric Gordon scored 15 and 14 points, respectively.
"It was a great team win for us," Pelicans head coach Monty Williams said. "Any win is a good win. We really stress that."
Arron Afflalo totaled 25 points, Victor Oladipo had 18 points and Tobias Harris tallied 17 points and nine rebounds for Orlando, which has lost 13 of its last 15. Jameer Nelson contributed 15 points and eight assists.
"I just see us as a team make a couple of plays that were not beneficial for us down the stretch," Harris said. "Plays that hurt us."
The Magic trailed by four, 94-90, with 2:18 on the clock after Oladipo knocked down a pair from the line, but New Orleans followed up with a 6-2 run to seal the deal.
Evans netted the Pelicans' first 10 points in the fourth, while E'Twaun Moore and Afflalo countered with six apiece for the Magic to make the score 85-81 in favor of New Orleans with 6:42 remaining.
The Pelicans led by as many as 13 in the third period, but the Magic finished the quarter on a 9-2 run to get within 75-69.
It was a tight first quarter with seven lead changes and seven ties. An Afflalo jumper knotted the game at 19 apiece with 2:14 on the clock before New Orleans finished the frame with an 8-2 burst.
The Pelicans led 27-21 after the first thanks in part to shooting 52.6 percent from the field.
New Orleans carried its hot shooting into the second as they went 3-for-4 during a 11-2 burst to open the quarter.
The Pelicans built a 16-point lead and took a 54-44 edge into the locker room on Evans' floater with 3.7 seconds left.
Orlando has lost eight straight on the road with the last win coming in Chicago on Dec. 16 ... The Magic are now 3-19 this season away from home ... New Orleans outrebounded Orlando 48-32 and the Magic are now 0-22 when outrebounded by their opponent ... The Pelicans went 5-for-12 from behind the arc, while Orlando shot 3-for-15 from distance.
Jan 26 8:27 PM
- ORLANDO: 92
NEW ORLEANS: 100
End of Regulation
Jan 26 8:26 PM
- ORLANDO: 69
NEW ORLEANS: 75
End of 3rd
Jan 26 7:50 PM
- ORLANDO: 44
NEW ORLEANS: 54
Jan 26 7:12 PM
- ORLANDO: 21
NEW ORLEANS: 27
End of 1st
Jan 26 6:38 PM
- ORLANDO: 2
NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:17
Jan 26 6:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29