Pistons rout MagicJan 29, 2014 - 4:42 AM Auburn Hills, MI (SportsNetwork.com) - Brandon Jennings scored 20 points with eight assists to lead the Detroit Pistons to a 103-87 win over the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night.
Josh Smith contributed 16 points, Andre Drummond deposited 13 points with 17 rebounds, and Rodney Stuckey added 13 points off the bench for Detroit, which snapped a four-game losing streak with the win. Kyle Singler scored 12 points in a reserve role for the Pistons.
"I told him at shootaround that he's human," Cheeks said of Drummond, who had just four points in Sunday's loss at Dallas. "He's entitled to have a bad game. It's important to see how you bounce back."
Victor Oladipo led Orlando with 19 points, while Tobias Harris and Arron Afflalo each chipped in with 14 in the setback, Orlando's fourth in the last five games.
Jameer Nelson had 11 points with seven assists and E'Twaun Moore added 10 points off the bench for Orlando.
"Every guy on this team needs to take pride and ownership in their individual performance and the team's performance," Nelson said.
Orlando led 22-20 after one quarter and kept it close for most of the second frame until Detroit went on a late 15-5 run. Smith opened the run with a pair of jumpers and five additional players scored for the Pistons during the sequence to help them take a 53-43 lead at the break.
A pair of Nelson free throws cut the deficit to 61-55 midway through the third, and Singler responded with a 3-pointer that ignited a 13-3 run.
Stuckey scored the final four points of the third to help the Pistons to a 78-60 lead and the lead swelled to as many as 26 in the fourth quarter as Detroit ended its losing skid.
Detroit outrebounded Orlando, 56-40 ... Detroit shot 6-of-20 (30 percent) from beyond the arc, while Orlando made 8-of-20 (40 percent) attempts ... Orlando scored 16 points off of 15 Detroit turnovers and the Pistons took advantage of 16 Orlando turnovers with 17 points ... Jennings was 7-for-19 from the field.
Jan 28 9:49 PM
- ORLANDO: 60
End of 3rd
Jan 28 9:17 PM
- ORLANDO: 43
Jan 28 8:37 PM
- ORLANDO: 22
End of 1st
Jan 28 8:08 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Jan 28 7:47 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25