Korver helps Hawks down TimberwolvesFeb 2, 2014 - 3:51 AM
DeMarre Carroll added 19, Jeff Teague scored 19 points and handed out eight assists and Mike Scott scored 14 points off the bench for the Hawks, winners in two straight.
"Coach laid into us at halftime, he really did. I thought our guys responded.," Korver said. "Hopefully he doesn't have to talk to us like that every time, all the time, but it worked tonight."
Kevin Love poured in a game-high 43 points and pulled down 19 rebounds and Kevin Martin added 17 points for the Timberwolves, losers in two straight.
"I didn't even know I had it (43 points) until I think Martin told me after the game. I was just trying to get us back in the game by any means," Love said. "Teammates set me up with a lot of good shots. A loss, especially right now, is tough."
Korver was 3-for-3 from 3-point range in the third quarter as the Hawks exploded for 38 points on 14-of-26 shooting overall. Atlanta held the Wolves to just 21 points in the period and scored 17 points off eight Minnesota turnovers.
Atlanta, which trailed 55-46 to open the second half, used a 34-11 run to go up 82-66 with 2:17 left in the third and held an 86-75 lead entering the final frame.
A Teague jumper with 5:43 remaining put the Hawks ahead 100-90, but a 14-7 swing from the Wolves, led by seven points from Love, pulled Minnesota within 107-104.
Atlanta stretched its lead back to seven, 111-104, but a layup, followed by a 3-pointer from Love, made it 112-109 with 86 seconds remaining. The Wolves never got closer the rest of the way.
The Hawks led 25-24 after 12 minutes, but trailed 54-48 at the break.
Elton Brand had eight points and seven rebounds off the bench for Atlanta ... Korver extended his NBA record for consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 115 games ... Minnesota's J.J. Barea was ejected with 6:43 left in the fourth quarter after receiving his second technical foul. He had 12 points and four assists before his dismissal ... Love has scored at least 28 points in each of his last four games. Over that stretch, he is 39-for-42 from the free throw line ... Minnesota has dropped 11 straight in Atlanta.
Feb 1 10:01 PM
- MINNESOTA: 75
End of 3rd
Feb 1 9:21 PM
- MINNESOTA: 54
Feb 1 8:38 PM
- MINNESOTA: 24
End of 1st
Feb 1 8:05 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:46
Feb 1 7:43 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9