Curry and Warriors slip past PistonsFeb 25, 2014 - 5:00 AM Detroit Pistons, 104-96.
Curry added nine assists and eight rebounds for the Warriors, who have won four in a row. Klay Thompson also tallied 19 points.
"I tried to press a little in the third quarter," Curry said. "It didn't work out my way, so I tried to stay positive."
Jermaine O'Neal ended with 16 points and 10 boards for Golden State, which started a six-game road trip on Monday. Jordan Crawford donated 15 points and Andrew Bogut had four points and seven rebounds in his return to the lineup.
Greg Monroe had 23 points and eight boards for the Pistons, who have dropped two straight. Josh Smith and Kyle Singler each tallied 18 points, with the former also pulling down 11 rebounds.
Holding a 95-94 lead with 4:11 to play, the Warriors scored seven straight points to put the game away. Curry tallied four points during the spurt that O'Neal capped with a free throw for a 102-94 edge.
Singler made two free throws and Curry connected on a jumper to account for the final margin.
"We took it to the finish line. We just didn't cross it," Pistons interim head coach John Loyer said.
The Pistons led by as many as 10 in the first quarter before taking a 37-33 lead into the second.
Golden State scored the first eight points of the second frame to grab a 41-37 edge. The Warriors led for a majority of the period and held a 63-62 lead at the half.
Detroit took an 83-81 lead following a third quarter that featured four lead changes and three ties.
The Warriors have won six consecutive games over Detroit for the first time since a seven-game streak from 1975-76 ... Bogut had missed the last seven games with a shoulder injury ... Golden State's David Lee (illness) missed his second consecutive game ... Harrison Barnes tallied 11 points for the Warriors, who went 13-of-31 from beyond the arc ... Brandon Jennings had 11 points and 10 assists for the Pistons.
Feb 24 9:58 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 81
End of 3rd
Feb 24 9:23 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 63
Feb 24 8:37 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 33
End of 1st
Feb 24 8:08 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Feb 24 7:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19