Spurs turn back PistonsFeb 27, 2014 - 5:05 AM Detroit Pistons, 120-110, on Wednesday night.
Kawhi Leonard, returning from a 14-game absence due to a broken finger, tallied 15 points, six rebounds, four assists and a pair of steals and blocks, and Tim Duncan provided 13 points and nine boards for San Antonio, which has won four of its last five games.
"It worked out well. Our team got the win tonight and I got to play. I just tried to enjoy because sitting on a bench isn't fun," Leonard said of returning.
The Spurs recorded 34 assists on 44 made field goals.
Josh Smith had 24 points, six rebounds and five assists and Andre Drummond registered 16 points and 17 boards for the Pistons, who have dropped three in a row and six of their last seven since beating the Spurs on Feb. 10.
"That team is a great team, they know how to capitalize on another team's mistakes," Smith said of the Spurs.
After Drummond's alley-oop slam tied the game at 71-71 a little past the midway point of the third, Ginobili netted seven points during a 10-2 run, which he capped with a triple for an 81-73 Spurs advantage.
The Spurs led 90-81 after three and led by as many as 15 in the latter stages of the fourth.
Neither team led by more than seven in a close contested opening half.
San Antonio held a 28-26 edge after a quarter of play and took a 57-53 cushion into the break.
The Spurs shot 53.7 percent (44-of-82) from the floor, 47.4 percent (9-of-19) from beyond the arc and 92 percent (23-of-25) from the foul line ... Tiago Splitter had 13 points, seven rebounds and six assists for San Antonio.
Feb 26 10:49 PM
- DETROIT: 81
SAN ANTONIO: 90
End of 3rd
Feb 26 10:18 PM
- DETROIT: 53
SAN ANTONIO: 57
Feb 26 9:36 PM
- DETROIT: 26
SAN ANTONIO: 28
End of 1st
Feb 26 9:06 PM
- DETROIT: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Feb 26 8:45 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12