Thompson's winner lifts Warriors over PacersMar 5, 2014 - 4:05 AM
After Paul George was off the mark on a potentially go-ahead step-back right wing 3-pointer with 23.9 seconds left, Stephen Curry secured the rebound and called timeout with 10.9 ticks on the clock.
Following the stoppage, Thompson got the ball in the post on the lower right block on George Hill. He backed him down for a few dribbles before turning around and swishing the jumper for a 98-96 Warriors lead.
"At the end it felt good to silence the crowd," Thompson said.
George clanked his left wing triple from well beyond the arc off the back of the rim as time expired.
Curry tallied 19 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Warriors, who have won six of their last eight games.
George supplied 26 points, 12 rebounds and four assists, while David West added 27 points and seven rebounds for Indiana, which had its five-game winning streak snapped.
"We've been getting away with playing sub-.500 teams and winning ballgames like these," George said. "We just can't play with fire on nights like these."
Harrison Barnes drove in for a layup to stake Golden State to a 94-82 margin with 5:33 to go, but Indiana countered with a 12-0 surge to tie it.
George netted the final four points of the flurry, including a pair of foul shots to knot the contest at 94-94 with 2:13 left.
George then played great defense on Andre Iguodala, who was isolated on him at the top of the key. Iguodala eventually lost the ball, but it landed right into the lap of Lee and he converted the easy layup to put Golden State back on top. Two more George free throws evened the scored at 96-96 with 1:06 on the clock.
Earlier, the Warriors led 25-21 after a quarter of play, 48-42 at the break and 73-70 after three.
Golden State shot 44 percent (37-of-84) from the floor and 50 percent (10- of-20) from beyond the arc ... Indiana made 21 of its 22 foul shots, but went just 3-of-16 (18.8 percent) from 3-point range.
Mar 4 9:26 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 98
End of Regulation
Mar 4 9:26 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 73
End of 3rd
Mar 4 8:50 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 48
Mar 4 8:03 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 25
End of 1st
Mar 4 7:33 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Mar 4 7:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20