Augustin, Noah boost Bulls past PistonsMar 6, 2014 - 4:58 AM
Noah tallied 10 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists for Chicago, which has won 10 of its last 12 games. It was Noah's second triple-double in the last three games.
"We need it. He's a leader," said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. "The thing about him is he can beat you a lot of different ways."
Taj Gibson provided 22 points off the bench and Jimmy Butler supplied 18 points, 12 rebounds, four assists and three steals in the victory.
Greg Monroe registered 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists for the Pistons, who have dropped eight of their last 10 games.
The Bulls led 71-70 after three and quickly built their margin into double figures following an 11-2 spurt to begin the fourth. Augustin netted the first seven points of the surge, which was capped by a Butler dunk for an 82-72 cushion.
Chicago's margin peaked at 15 on the way to the easy win.
"They're a great defensive team," said Pistons center Andre Drummond. "They out-executed us in the fourth quarter."
Earlier, Detroit concluded the first quarter on an 8-3 flurry and took a 25-19 cushion into the second.
The Bulls, though, outscored the Pistons 33-22 in the second and headed into the break with a 52-47 advantage.
Chicago shot 53.8 percent (43-of-80) from the floor and 82.4 percent (14- of-17) from the foul line ... Josh Smith had 15 points, nine rebounds, five assists and six blocks for Detroit.
Mar 5 9:49 PM
- CHICAGO: 71
End of 3rd
Mar 5 9:17 PM
- CHICAGO: 52
Mar 5 8:35 PM
- CHICAGO: 19
End of 1st
Mar 5 8:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:51
Mar 5 7:42 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 24
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 23