George, Pacers down SixersMar 15, 2014 - 4:45 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Paul George had 25 points and six assists and the Indiana Pacers handed the Philadelphia 76ers their 19th straight loss following a 101-94 triumph on Friday night.
David West supplied 18 points, seven rebounds and four blocks, George Hill tallied 14 points, nine assists and six boards and Lance Stephenson added 13 points and 12 boards for Indiana, which has won two straight on the heels of a four-game skid.
"Playing a team that's lost 18 straight, you don't want to be the team that breaks the streak," Indiana head coach Frank Vogel said.
Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen made their returns to Philadelphia since being sent to Indiana right before the trade deadline. Turner finished with just two points on 1-of-4 shooting, while Allen hit all six of his shots and scored 13 points.
Thaddeus Young registered 25 points, 10 assists and six rebounds for the Sixers, who have not won since beating the Boston Celtics on Jan. 29.
"We need every break we can get if we are going to beat a team," Sixers head coach Brett Brown said.
The Sixers trailed by as many as 17 in the first half but two Young free throws capped a 9-0 spurt to get them within 87-84 with 4:58 remaining.
Indiana, though, netted six straight points as back-to-back West jumpers staked it to a 93-84 spread. A Young jumper less than a minute later cut the deficit to 93-90, but George drove in for a layup before knocking down a 3- pointer to make it 98-90 with 1:36 left.
Earlier, the Pacers raced out to a 9-0 start and never looked back.
Indiana led 27-20 after a quarter of play, 52-45 at the break and 78-66 going into the final frame.
Indiana shot 58.2 percent (39-of-67) from the floor and 42.9 percent (9-of-21) from beyond the arc ... Michael Carter-Williams had 12 points, nine rebounds and eight assists for Philly ... Indy turned the ball over 22 times.
Mar 14 9:25 PM
- INDIANA: 78
End of 3rd
Mar 14 8:53 PM
- INDIANA: 52
Mar 14 8:06 PM
- INDIANA: 27
End of 1st
Mar 14 7:33 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:56
Mar 14 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16