Johnson and Plumlee guide Nets over CelticsMar 22, 2014 - 5:48 AM
Paul Pierce added 14 points against his former club, while Andray Blatche and Jorge Gutierrez added 10 points apiece for the Nets, who have won 11 straight games at home. It is Brooklyn's longest home winning streak since 2005-06.
"He's grown every time he's taken the floor," Brooklyn head coach Jason Kidd said of Plumlee. "The more minutes he gets, the better he gets."
Nets center Brook Lopez underwent successful left ankle surgery on March 3, general manager Billy King announced on Friday.
The procedure, performed by Nets' foot and ankle specialist Dr. Martin O'Malley, included tightening the lateral ankle ligaments, as well as repairing a torn tendon.
Avery Bradley scored a game-high 28 points and Jeff Green added 16 for the Celtics, losers in six of their last seven.
"When he (Bradley) gets hot, he's hard to stop," said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens. "He got his jump shot going when he saw the ball go through the net on layups."
The Celtics used a 10-2 run to go up 34-26 with 51 seconds left in the first quarter. Bradley, though, hit a runner with two seconds left to make it 34-28 entering the second quarter.
Mirza Teletovic's dunk gave Brooklyn a 41-34 edge, but the Celtics scored seven straight to tie the game. The teams traded baskets until a pair of Plumlee free throws made it 49-45 midway through the second. Bradley hit a 3- pointer, but seven straight from the Nets pushed the lead back to eight, 56-48.
Williams hit a triple at the buzzer to give the hosts a 64-54 lead at the break.
The Nets' lead swelled to 18 late in the third quarter and the Celtics never got closer than 15 over the final 12 minutes.
Gutierrez set a career-high with 10 points ... The Nets outscored the Celtics 62-30 in the paint ... Brooklyn shot 56.4 percent from the floor and 52.9 percent from 3-point range ... Rajon Rondo had 12 points and 12 assists for the Celtics.
Mar 21 9:47 PM
- BOSTON: 76
End of 3rd
Mar 21 9:17 PM
- BOSTON: 54
Mar 21 8:36 PM
- BOSTON: 28
End of 1st
Mar 21 8:06 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:35
Mar 21 7:41 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27