Lakers send Magic to ninth straight lossMar 24, 2014 - 4:37 AM
Nick Young added 26 points and Jodie Meeks finished with 13 points and six steals for the Lakers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
"With 13 games left it is important to get on a little streak. When Jordan Hill plays this way we're better. We won one, we're on a roll," said Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni.
Victor Oladipo poured in 21 points and handed out 10 assists and Arron Afflalo scored 18 for the Magic, who have dropped nine straight.
"Too many turnovers on our part and they capitalized on them. We have to value each possession. Give Jordan Hill credit he was aggressive all night. Our goal is to be locked in on every single possession," said Magic coach Jacque Vaughn.
Orlando lost 10 straight games earlier this season.
LA held a 75-73 lead entering the final frame, but quickly pushed their spread to eight, 83-75, following a Young runner. Afflalo hit a 3-pointer and a midrange jumper to make it a three-point game, but the Lakers stretch their lead back to seven shortly thereafter.
A pair of Oladipo free throws with 3:49 left had Orlando within 91-87, but Young nailed a 3-pointer to spark an 8-0 burst. The Magic never got closer than six the rest of the way.
LA led by as many as 10 in the opening period, but carried just a 29-24 edge into the second.
Orlando briefly took a 30-29 lead early in the second, but the Lakers led 55-48 at the break. LA led by as many as nine in the third, but the Magic were able to cut it to 75-73 entering the final frame.
The Lakers scored 21 points off 20 Magic turnovers ... Orlando outrebounded the Lakers, 46-34 ... The Magic scored 23 points off 14 Lakers turnovers.
Mar 23 11:56 PM
- ORLANDO: 73
LOS ANGELES: 75
End of 3rd
Mar 23 11:20 PM
- ORLANDO: 48
LOS ANGELES: 55
Mar 23 10:36 PM
- ORLANDO: 24
LOS ANGELES: 29
End of 1st
Mar 23 10:04 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 2
1st Quarter - 11:42
Mar 23 9:41 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12