Balanced Timberwolves roll past HawksMar 27, 2014 - 2:28 AM Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday to snap a three-game losing streak.
The Timberwolves won for just the second time in their last 15 games against the Hawks.
Love had 14 points and 12 rebounds and Dieng scored 15 with 15 boards to lead a well-rounded Minnesota offense that shot 50 percent overall and went 9-of-22 from 3-point range.
Corey Brewer and Kevin Martin each scored 18 points, Chase Budinger had 12 off the bench and Ricky Rubio dished out 10 assists in the win.
Mike Scott had 15 points to lead the Hawks, who have lost four in a row on the heels of a five-game winning streak. Paul Millsap chipped in 12 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
The Hawks remain in playoff contention despite going just 6-18 over their last 24 games since a 120-113 victory over the Timberwolves on Feb. 1.
That win moved them to 25-21. Wednesday's loss dropped them to 31-39, which is still good for No. 8 in the Eastern Conference. In the Western Conference, it would place them four games behind No. 10 Minnesota.
Martin scored twice around a Love 3-pointer in a 7-0 Timberwolves burst in the third quarter that stretched their lead to 10.
It climbed to 17 points at the end of a 14-4 run sparked by Martin's three and was 75-61 going into the fourth quarter.
The Hawks were never closer than 14 points after that and the Timberwolves led by as many as 28.
Earlier, the Timberwolves led 20-19 after the first quarter and by as many as 11 in the second after an 8-0 run. They were up 48-41 at halftime.
The Hawks return home to play the Trail Blazers on Thursday ... The Timberwolves will face the Lakers at home on Friday.
Mar 26 10:10 PM
- ATLANTA: 61
End of 3rd
Mar 26 9:42 PM
- ATLANTA: 41
Mar 26 9:02 PM
- ATLANTA: 19
End of 1st
Mar 26 8:32 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Mar 26 8:11 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9