Nets blast T-Wolves to run home streak to 13Mar 31, 2014 - 4:02 AM Brooklyn Nets to a 114-99 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday.
Joe Johnson added 19 points, Andray Blatche scored 14 and Mason Plumlee finished with 13 points and eight rebounds for the Nets, who matched a franchise record with their 13th straight win at home.
Shaun Livingston and Alan Anderson also scored 13 points for Brooklyn, which still trails Toronto by 2 1/2 games in the Atlantic Division standings after the Raptors defeated Orlando on Sunday.
The Nets won 13 straight at home twice during the 2001-2002 season.
"Well, we control our own destiny," Nets coach Jason Kidd said.
Kevin Martin and Corey Brewer scored 21 points apiece in the setback and Kevin Love finished with 14 points and nine rebounds for the Timberwolves, who had won two straight entering the contest.
"I might be getting sick or something. I just had zero energy in the second half; got nothing," said Love, who recorded a double-double on Friday.
Brooklyn led 85-84 following Martin's 3-pointer 25 seconds into the fourth quarter, but used a 13-4 run to take a 98-88 lead with 6:51 to go. The Nets lead ballooned to 17 with 44 seconds left before cruising to victory.
Minnesota jumped out to a 12-6 lead just over four minutes into the game, but Brooklyn scored seven straight to take a 13-12 lead. A Martin 3-pointer made it 18-15 with 5:36 left, but Brooklyn used a 14-5 run to take a 29-23 lead with 1:40.
The Nets led 30-27 at the end of the first.
Mirza Teletovic buried a 3-pointer near the midway point of the second to push the Brooklyn lead to 49-36, but the Wolves outscored the Nets 18-10 the rest of the way to make it 59-54 entering the break.
Minnesota continued to claw its way back into the game and eventually took a 71-66 lead after Martin threw down a fastbreak slam. After Johnson tied the game at 72-72 with a jumper moments later, the Nets opened an 11-2 run to take an 83-75 lead with 1:33 left in the third.
Brooklyn carried an 85-82 edge into the final frame.
Pierce scored at least 20 points in consecutive games for the first time since December. He also scored 22 in Friday's win over Cleveland ... Both teams scored 23 points off 20 turnovers ... The Nets finished 43-of-86 from the field ... Minnesota's bench scored just 23 points.
Mar 30 8:16 PM
- MINNESOTA: 82
End of 3rd
Mar 30 7:46 PM
- MINNESOTA: 54
Mar 30 7:07 PM
- MINNESOTA: 27
End of 1st
Mar 30 6:36 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Mar 30 6:13 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4