Wizards handle lowly BucksApr 13, 2014 - 4:00 AM
John Wall added 15 points and eight assists and Marcin Gortat finished with 13 points and 13 rebounds for the Wizards, winners in four of their last six games.
Trevor Ariza scored 13 points while Al Harrington and Trevor Booker finished with 12 and 11 points, respectively, in the win.
The Wizards currently hold a one-game lead over the Charlotte Bobcats for the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference. Both teams have two games remaining. Washington also trails the Brooklyn Nets by 1 1/2 games for the fifth spot in the East. Brooklyn has three games remaining.
Ramon Sessions and Khris Middleton scored 20 points apiece, with Sessions also handing out eight assists, and John Henson donated 13 points and seven boards off the bench for the Bucks.
"We tried to make plays that weren't there and they resulted in turnovers," said Bucks head coach Larry Drew.
The Wizards opened the game on a 17-8 run, but saw their lead dwindle to just one, 27-26, at the end of the first quarter.
A Beal 3-pointer with 4:35 left in the second put the Wizards up 45-37, but a 10-4 burst from the Bobcats, capped with a Jeff Adrien free throw had the Bobcats within two, 49-47. Washington led 55-52 at the break.
"The first half became an up-and-down game. I told them at halftime we've got to get back to five guys pressuring," said Wizards head coach Randy Wittman.
Sessions had Milwaukee within a basket after knocking down a jumper with 5:16 left in the third, but Ariza capped an 8-0 run with a 3-pointer to give the Wizards a 79-69 lead with 4 1/2 minutes to go.
Webster hit a trey moments later for an 84-70 lead and the Wizards took an 87-74 lead into the final frame.
The Bucks never got closer than 13 the rest of the way.
Washington scored 16 points off 20 Milwaukee turnovers ... Washington hosts Miami on Monday before closing the season in Boston on Wednesday ... Adrien finished with 11 points for the Bucks, who went 22-for-34 from the free throw line.
Apr 12 9:24 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 74
End of 3rd
Apr 12 8:50 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 52
Apr 12 8:05 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 26
End of 1st
Apr 12 7:32 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Apr 12 7:12 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Apr 14
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Apr 14