Curry, Warriors take out JazzNov 19, 2013 - 6:32 AM Utah Jazz 98-87 Monday night to sweep a home-and-home series between the teams.
Curry exited with 8:50 remaining after Jazz forward Marvin Williams fell on his head as the two crashed to the floor. Curry -- who just had the ball stripped from him -- walked off the court with a towel over his head.
Williams, 6-foot-9 and 240 pounds, landed on Curry's head with his hip but Warriors coach Mark Jackson indicated Curry was OK.
"He took a hard spill," said Jackson. "He's got a little headache right now but it could be a lot worse."
Curry made three 3-pointers in the second quarter and the Warriors shot better than 68 percent, outscoring the Jazz 37-17 in the period to take control.
Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes had 17 points apiece and David Lee scored 14 with 14 rebounds for the Warriors, who beat the Jazz 102-88 Saturday to finish a 3-0 homestand.
Hayward scored 18 points -- but just six after the first quarter -- and Marvin Williams had 16 off the bench for Utah, which fell to 1-11.
Hayward's 12 points in the first quarter came as the Jazz shot just 33 percent to trail 22-19 going into the second.
Curry and Thompson hit back-to-back 3s to spark a 30-9 run that gave the Warriors a 59-36 lead at halftime. Curry had 10 points during the surge and Thompson scored six.
Hayward was scoreless in the second quarter and the Jazz stayed at 33 percent shooting for the half.
Williams had seven points in a 29-19 third quarter for the Jazz which cut the deficit to 78-65 heading into the fourth. But Utah never got closer than 11 the rest of the way.
"I thought they were the more aggressive team. I thought they played with a lot more energy than we did," said Utah coach Tyrone Corbin.
Warriors big man Jermaine O'Neal did not travel with the team for the game after an MRI revealed he had a bruised right knee and a minor right groin strain. He is day-to-day with the injuries, the Warriors said ... Golden State is back home Wednesday to play Memphis ... The Warriors snapped a two-game road losing streak ... The Jazz start a three-game road trip Wednesday in New Orleans.
Nov 18 11:16 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 78
End of 3rd
Nov 18 10:45 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 59
Nov 18 10:05 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 22
End of 1st
Nov 18 9:34 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 18 9:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19