Randolph guides Grizzlies over Warriors in OTNov 21, 2013 - 7:48 AM
Neither team scored in the final 2:02 of regulation and back-to-back buckets by Golden State's David Lee and Klay Thompson knotted the contest at 79-79 with 1:55 left in overtime.
Mike Conley then hit a 3-pointer to put Memphis in front and after Thompson was whistled for an offensive foul, Tayshaun Prince knocked down a left wing jumper to give Memphis an 84-79 cushion.
Andrew Bogut then threw down Andre Iguodala's alley-oop feed before Prince nailed a tough step-back jumper from the top of the key with the shot clock running down for an 86-81 margin with 24.8 ticks to play.
Harrison Barnes missed a jumper at the other end and Marc Gasol sank two free throws to seal the victory.
Gasol added 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Conley chipped in with 19 points, six rebounds and four assists for the Grizzlies, who swept their four-game California trek.
"Defensively we played a lot better for longer stretches," Gasol said of the road trip.
Thompson netted 21 points and Bogut registered 12 points and 14 boards for Golden State, which had its four-game winning streak snapped.
"We wanted to push the pace," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said. "That's when then game changed when we started to walk it up the floor."
The Warriors led 26-16 after a quarter of play and 44-34 at the break before the Grizzlies charged back in the third.
Conley had six points during a 17-2 Memphis run in the early stages of the third, which Conley capped with a layup for a 51-48 Grizzlies lead.
Memphis took a 59-57 edge into the fourth, where a Mike Miller 3 staked the Grizzlies a 66-59 advantage.
Golden State answered with a 9-0 swing as Thompson's pull-up triple gave the hosts a 68-66 spread.
The Grizzlies have defeated Golden State 11 straight times in the regular season ... Memphis' Tony Allen served his one-game suspension for kicking the Clippers' Chris Paul in the face ... The Grizzlies turned the ball over just four times ... Curry missed the game due to a concussion.
Nov 21 1:03 AM
- MEMPHIS: 75
GOLDEN STATE: 75
End of Regulation
Nov 21 12:48 AM
- MEMPHIS: 59
GOLDEN STATE: 57
End of 3rd
Nov 21 12:11 AM
- MEMPHIS: 34
GOLDEN STATE: 44
Nov 20 11:32 PM
- MEMPHIS: 16
GOLDEN STATE: 26
End of 1st
Nov 20 11:03 PM
- MEMPHIS: 2
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Nov 20 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Zhou Qi's potential could lead to much NBA draft intrigue May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20