Nuggets sweep home-and-home set from MavsNov 26, 2013 - 5:09 AM Denver Nuggets to a 110-96 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Monday.
J.J. Hickson finished with 22 points and eight rebounds and Nate Robinson added 17 points off the bench for the Nuggets, winners in three straight.
"I thought it was a good team win for our guys tonight. We got contributions from a lot of different places. J.J. Hickson was huge for us. Ty (Lawson) once, again, distributing the ball, picking his spots when to take over the game," said Nuggets head coach Brian Shaw. "Just a great team win from beginning to end, and like I said, with contributions from everybody."
Monta Ellis poured in 22 points and Dirk Nowitzki finished with 18 for the Mavericks, who have dropped two straight -- both to the Nuggets.
"We have to respond and we have to play. We have to do our jobs as well. It's unfortunate because we need to win and protect at home. We have done a great job at home so far. We need to find ways to win and we just couldn't do it tonight," said Mavs forward Vince Carter.
Hickson scored 12 points in the first quarter to lead the Nuggets to a 32-27 lead. Hickson was 4-for-4 from the field and was also a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line in the frame.
A quick 6-2 burst in the opening moments of the second extended the Denver edge to 38-29. The Nuggets' spread grew to 12, 50-38, with just under four minutes to go, but the Mavs used an 11-2 swing to pull within 52-49 before going into the break down 56-51.
Denver opened the second half with a 16-6 run to go up 72-57, but the Mavericks were able to cut the deficit to single digits, 85-77, entering the final frame.
Dallas rallied for an 8-4 run to open the fourth, to close within 89-85 with nine minutes left, but it would be as close as Dallas would get the rest of the way.
Denver shot 54.7 percent (41-for-75) from the field ... Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hamilton scored 11 points apiece for the Nuggets, who also got 10 points and 10 rebounds from Kenneth Faried ... Shawn Marion finished with 13 points and 12 boards for the Mavs.
Nov 25 11:04 PM
- DENVER: 85
End of 3rd
Nov 25 10:28 PM
- DENVER: 56
Nov 25 9:43 PM
- DENVER: 32
End of 1st
Nov 25 9:05 PM
- DENVER: 2
1st Quarter - 11:41
Nov 25 8:42 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25